Welcome to 2022 SAP Utilities Community Newsletter. Wanted to share with you different items going on in our community in the near future. Let me know if you want to be removed from this distribution or if there are others in your organization that should be added. Also if you did not receive the SAP Utility News from SAP be sure to subscribe here and then read the February issue. So many great topics.
- February 28 – Road Map: Discover SAP BI/Analytics – Q&A Think Tank
- March 1-3 – You are invited to join the SAP Enterprise Architect Virtual Global Summit. Throughout this complimentary three-day, online event, you will explore leading-edge tools, competencies, and practices that can help your team and enable your business to adapt and thrive in today’s dynamic business environment. People who are interested in the Global EA Summit can register here and review the agenda.
- March 8 at 7:00 PST – SAP FSM Roadmap for the 2205 Release of SAP Field Service Management. Hear directly from product management on the new features coming in SAP FSM for the May release.
- March 9 at 12:00 PST – AES RISE presentation – Starting our 2022 presentations with Alejandroj Reyes from AES Corporation on how they are leveraging SAP RISE to move forward with ISU for their operations on S/4 with SAP RISE. In scope for ISU they have AES Indiana (previously known as IPL – 500,000 customers), AES Ohio (previously known as DP&L – 500,000 customers) and also AES El Salvador (1.5 million customers). This will be a common solution supporting all these utilities and their customers. Project is in execution and target go-live is Q1 2023. Please attend with your questions to hear from your peer their plans to take over 2.5 million customers to S/4 ISU on SAP RISE. This should already be on your calendar, if not, please let me know and I’ll add you to the invite.
- March 21 – ASUG Mid-Atlantic Chapter Meeting – Spring 2022 (virtual, focusing on Business Process Intelligence)
- March 25 – Deadline to submit your presentation for the September 18-20, 2022 – SAP for Utilities 2022 (ASUG). SAP for Utilities is North America’s leading event for utility organizations using or considering SAP. We have an established community that has joined together for over 14 years. Submit your proposal for consideration to present in person or virtually.
- March 29–31 – Best Practices: SAP for EAM during, at the Hyatt Regency Dallas. Discover how to manage the entire lifecycle of assets through digital technology. You can review the agenda here!
- Utility Collaboration Requested for Utilities Roadmap: The first round of Customer Engagement Initiatives has opened in 2022: https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/campaign/880 This is an exciting opportunity to influence SAP. The SAP Customer Engagement Initiative (CEI) enables you as an SAP customer (or partner), to get early insights into SAP’s product developments and directly work with the developers to define and shape future product directions.
- April 29 – Deadline to vote on support requests for improvement of our existing products. https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/campaign/2917
Welcome to the SAP Customer Connection Focus Topic for SAP for Utilities 2022! The focus topic “SAP for Utilities 2022” covers the Utilities industry-specific parts of the SAP Business Suite and SAP S/4HANA. The focus is on functions and processes in SAP for Utilities as part of SAP ERP (IS-U), SAP CRM, SAP Multichannel Foundation for Utilities and SAP S/4HANA. Possible examples for processes are customer services, device management, billing and invoicing. The planned delivery releases are SAP CRM 7.0 EhP4, SAP ERP 6.0 EhP8, SAP S/4HANA 2022 and the newest Support Package for SAP Multichannel Foundation for Utilities 1.0.
- May 3-6, CS Week 2022 in Phoenix, Arizona
- SAP will have a great presence at this year’s CS week, with our own Synergy day filled with customer stories, participation in the executive summit, customer sessions and a large footprint on the show floor. Details are still being worked out but if you have any questions feel free to contact Walker@sap.com. Panel Discussion with S/4 Customers.
- May 23-25 – DistribuTech International was moved to Dallas, TX DISTRIBUTECH International 2022: The leading T&D Event
- Next S/4 presentations with a focus on S/4 EAM coming up – Again, if you are not on the AES presentation for March 9th, we can add you for future S/4 presentations. There are currently five other utilities in the process of getting live on S/4.
- Nebraska Public Power District just went live on their S/4 brown field migration with IaaS.
- Atmos Energy goes live in May after having presented last December mid-project.
- Summit Utilities with the acquisition of CNP Gas Distribution is planning for a September presentation on their SAP S/4 implementation.
- July 5-7 – International Utilities Conference https://tacinsights.eventsair.com/international-sap-conference-for-utilities-2022
See previous August 2021 newsletter here. https://utility.community/blog/2021/08/14/august-2021/
Thank you for your continued collaboration with our utility community. Together we share so many of both the challenges and solutions.